About Ralph Hunter
With 30 years of overall experience, Ralph is an insightful business leader who has served in executive-level finance and sales operations roles for the past 15 years. Considered a true “partner” and “business advisor”, Ralph combines strong financial acumen with a deep understanding of the operational cadence of a business. As a change-agent, Ralph has guided organizations through acquisitions, mergers, integrations, restructurings, divestments and an IPO in London, during times of substantial growth and expansion as well as during severe economic headwinds. With an international background comprised of working in six countries and speaking four languages, he is comfortable guiding multi-cultural teams and initiatives. Ralph’s industry experience extends to pharmaceutical, medical device, internet, B2B and B2C technology and HR services. He has a foundation in public accounting having worked for Coopers and Lybrand and PriceWaterhouse Coopers in both the UK and the US, obtaining his Chartered Accountant qualification while in the UK.
Some of Ralph’s more significant accomplishments include:
- Securing a $45 million earn-out payment subsequent to the sale of a Company to a strategic buyer.
- Leading the due diligence, acquisition or post-merger integration activities on ten separate transactions ranging in size from $10 million to $2 billion.
- Co-leading the implementation of Salesforce.com to users based in US, Canada, India and Europe
- Leading the turnaround of a small manufacturing facility in Mexico City necessitating the implementation of and training on multiple new procedures and processes.
Ralph has experience managing and driving the following:
- Strategic Business Planning
- Financial Management
- P&L Management
- Sales Operations
- M&A’s, Integrations, restructurings and business transitions
- Cost-containment and profit-maximization strategies
- Big Data, Analytics and Customer Insights
- Go-To-Market planning
- Sales compensation programs
Ralph is true believer in leading by example, tackling problems head-on with courage, leadership, integrity, as well as a dose of humor. He lives in Groton, MA with Karen, his wife of 30 years and his youngest son Brian who works for a start-up in the Boston area. He has two older children, Olivia who lives in Tennessee and works for an email encryption company and Christopher who lives in San Diego and works for a PCB Software design firm. Outside of work, Ralph is an avid soccer player and enjoys spending time in the White Mountains of NH with his wife, boating, hiking and snow-shoeing.
- Lancaster University, UK
- Ecole Superieure De Commerce De Paris
Certificates & Licenses:
- UK Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
- Association of Chartered Accountants in the US