About Paul Musgrove
Paul has 25+ years of broad based financial, operational and general management experience in private and public multinational company roles such as Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, EVP of Finance & Operations, Chief Risk Officer, SVP of Human Resources, Director of IT and Facilities, VP Finance, Director of Strategic Sourcing, VP of Investments, Corporate Controller, Director of Asset Liability Management.
Paul is decisive and brings passion, energy and enthusiasm to a business. He is a problem solver, an effective communicator to all levels of a business through his direct and honest communication style, is equally effective working “hands on” with the staff or strategically with the owners, is trusted by those that he works for and with and those that he leads due to his confidence and positive attitude. Paul is an elite team builder, master deal maker, trusted adviser and always displays high ethics.
Paul’s broad experience helped build his generalist and creative approach to companies and problems. He has worked in banking, insurance, mortgages, engineering, manufacturing, real estate, capital markets, private equity, investments, hardware, software, professional services and training, pharmaceutical industry, construction, housing, and non-profit industries. He has provided leadership and advisory services at several stage companies: high growth, steady state, turnaround, restructuring and downsizing, start-up and closing.
Paul is a “people person,” “thinks out of the box” and is a dedicated and responsive financial/operations executive with a proven record of success. He provides leadership, a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, balances strategic planning and execution initiatives, is analytical in nature and strives to understand “the story behind the numbers.” He also improves financial and operational processes, fosters collaboration and teamwork and challenges and empowers others to focus on the most important strategic and functional goals and implements measuring systems and reporting to “keep score.”
Paul is an invaluable resource in planning and executing financial transactions. He has successfully been the point person in raising capital and selling two companies in the last 10 years (including performing due diligence, investment banking, legal, handling the purchase/sale agreements and closing the transactions in both, providing the leadership to turnaround and raise capital for growth and ownership transfer. Paul has also integrated several financial and operational processes after multiple acquisitions, has raised many rounds of venture capital financing and has negotiated and restructured bank loans, debt financing, and lease agreements.
Paul’s experience in finance and operations extends to nearly all facets of a business including the following:
- Strategic and Financial Planning, Forecasting and Analysis
- Cash Flow Management, Reporting and Analysis
- Profit and Loss and & Balance Sheet Management
- Financial Restructurings and Downsizing
- Pricing and Revenue Segment Strategy and Analysis
- Mergers, Business Exits and Acquisitions
- Month End Close Procedures and Efficiencies to ensure timely reporting
- Operational Streamlining and Resource Utilization and improving systems controls and processes for revenue billings, collections, purchases, payments and other financial transactions
- Focused Management Dashboard, Reporting and Metrics
- Capital Containment, Preservation and Optimization
- Contract Negotiation, Strategic Alliances and Agreements
- Banking Relationships and Agreements
- Incentive Compensation Plans and Measurement Systems
- Training members of the Finance and Operational team
- Human Resource Initiatives-employee relations, development, benefits, performance measurements and recruitment
- Facilities, Legal, Stock Administration, Insurance and IT initiatives
- Investment Banking
- Project Management
Paul has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Concordia University and an MBA from Concordia University. He and his wife Mercedes have been married for 29 + years and live in Portland, ME. They have two daughters and one son. Paul is an avid supporter of the community and has coached minor hockey, participated on non-profit boards, and volunteered at food banks and other non – profits in Boston and Maine. Paul also has a strong passion for teaching and has taught as an adjunct professor at U Mass Boston and Hiram College, teaching MBA Finance, Audit, Investment, and Economic courses.
Certificates & Licenses:
Feng Chapter -Boston Chapter
Chartered Professional Accountants – CPA