Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in New England
Westborough, MA CFO
43 Years of Experience
U-Mass Lowell, Suffolk University
Certificates & Licenses:
Contact Leo Casey and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Leo has 35+ years of broad based financial, operational and general management experience in private and public multinational company roles such as President & CEO, CFO, COO, EVP of Finance & Operations, VP Finance, Corporate Controller, Director of Information Management, Mfg. Controller, Distribution Controller, Sales Controller, Logistics Controller and Manager of Accounting Services.
Leo became a Partner at B2B CFO® in May 2009 and has helped business owners in several industries bring their companies to higher levels of success through a proven six-step process, The GamePlan.
Leo is decisive and brings passion, energy and enthusiasm to a business. He is a problem solver, an effective communicator to all levels of a business through his direct and honest communication style, is equally effective working "hands on" with the staff or strategically with the owners, is trusted by those that he works for and with and those that he leads due to his confidence and positive attitude exhibited during the most turbulent of times.
Leo's broad experience helped build his generalist and creative approach to companies and problems. He has worked in manufacturing, semiconductor, defense, hardware, software, professional services and training, medical products, instrumentation products for the pharmaceutical industry, promotional product distributor, real estate appointment scheduling, construction, exit planning and non-profit industries. He has provided leadership and advisory services at several stage companies: high growth, steady state, turnaround, restructuring and downsizing, start-up and closing.
Leo is a "people person," "thinks out of the box" and is a dedicated and responsive financial/operations executive with a proven record of success. He provides leadership, a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, balances strategic planning and execution initiatives, is analytical in nature and strives to understand "the story behind the numbers." He also improves financial and operational processes, fosters collaboration and teamwork and challenges and empowers others to focus on the most important strategic and functional goals and implements measuring systems and reporting to "keep score."
Leo is an invaluable resource in planning and executing financial transactions. He has successfully been the point person in selling two companies in the last 4 years (including performing due diligence, handling the purchase/sale agreements and closing the transactions in both, providing the leadership to turnaround and sell one of them, a $16M software company, that was burning cash and losing money in excess of $6M annually to cash flow neutral and EBITDA breakeven with flat revenues 10 months after being promoted from CFO to President & CEO), has integrated several financial and operational processes after multiple acquisitions, has raised many rounds of venture capital financing and has negotiated and restructured bank loans, debt financing and lease agreements.
Leo's experience in finance and operations extends to nearly all facets of a business including the following:
- Strategic and Financial Planning, Forecasting and Analysis
- Cash Flow Management, Reporting and Analysis
- Profit and Loss and & Balance Sheet Management
- Financial Restructurings and Downsizing
- Pricing and Revenue Segment Strategy and Analysis
- Mergers, Business Exits and Acquisitions
- Month End Close Procedures and Efficiencies to ensure timely reporting
- Operational Streamlining and Resource Utilization and improving systems controls and processes for revenue billings, collections, purchases, payments and other financial transactions
- Focused Management Dashboard, Reporting and Metrics
- Capital Containment, Preservation and Optimization
- Contract Negotiation, Strategic Alliances and Agreements
- Banking Relationships and Agreements
- Incentive Compensation Plans and Measurement Systems
- Training members of the Finance and Operational team
- Human Resource Initiatives-employee relations, development, benefits, performance measurements and recruitment
- Facilities, Legal, Stock Administration, Insurance and IT initiatives
Leo has a BS in Business (Accounting) from U-Mass Lowell and an MBA from Suffolk University. He and his wife Gail have been married for 27 + years and live in Westborough, MA. They have two daughters working in the business world (advertising agency and Big 4 accounting) and a son in college (marketing major) in the class of 2010. Leo has a life long passion for high school, college and professional sports, coached basketball, softball and baseball travel teams for his three children while they were growing-up and served as a member of the Recreation Commission, President of the Travel Basketball League, President of the of the Girls Softball program and was a member of the Little League Board. He still coaches boys basketball at the high school recreation level and has done color commentary for the high school basketball teams.