The B2B CFO® GamePlan™
Print this page
The people we serve
We serve owners of companies with revenues up to $75 million that want to increase cash, profitability, sales and company value.
Our attitude of respect
We recognize the wisdom of the adage, "The world consists of two types of people, those who act and those who are acted upon." We realize you are of the former group.
Entrepreneurs are the geniuses of our generation. With approximately 330 million Americans in the United States, your group, entrepreneurs and business owners, consists of about 8% of the population of our great country. Yet despite that small percentage, you and your peers employ 70% to 75% of the W-2 employees of our nation! As such, we understand that the future economic recovery of our country rests upon your shoulders.
We recognize the complexity of that burden and want to help you, even if it is, seemingly, in a small way. For it is often from small things that great things derive. The acorn seed is smaller than a quarter, but it can give birth to the Oak tree which can grow more than 60 feet in height and live for centuries. And so it is with business owners.
Are you familiar with the story of Hewlett-Packard? Today, it's one of the world's largest information technology companies. But what you might not know is that the company was created with just $900 in a one-car garage by two entrepreneurs, Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard. They were entrepreneurs with a seed of an idea. They risked all they had on their idea and achieved great success.
Why did you start your business?
We often ask business owners the question, "Why did you start or buy your business?" This is a fun question to ask because of the diverse reasons owners give. Some of the responses are:
- "I had an idea about how to make things work better."
- "I wanted to make a difference."
- "So I could be my own boss."
- "I was better than anyone at my old job and could do things better."
We refer to you as a 'Finder'
Our firm has its own distinctive terminology, which refers to you and your peers as 'Finders'. We've even written about your characteristics in our book, The Danger Zone:
Finders are the leaders of the company. They are not necessarily the people who lead all company employees on a daily basis. Finders demonstrate the type of leadership that "pulls" people into the future - employees, current customers and future customers.
Finders demonstrate some specific attributes that are essential to this success. There are numerous terms that can describe the leadership of a Finder; the following few will give you the main idea.
- Idea generator
- Innovator or dreamer
- Catalyst for future change
- Relationship builder or creator
You will notice that all of the above attributes or future functions require action. Hence, Finders are all about the future. They do not live in the past. They view the past as a tool from which to learn, not as a place in which to dwell (The Danger Zone, Lost In The Growth Transition, pp. 25- 26).
Finders often become frustrated
It is our experience that Finders often become frustrated with the day-to-day grind of running a business, which often takes them away from their original goals of starting the business.
The B2B CFO® GamePlan™
The purpose of the B2B CFO® GamePlan™ is to help Finders either get on track or keep them on track with their original goals and objectives of starting and/or purchasing their company. The B2B CFO®
GamePlan™ consists of six separate steps:
The Discovery Analysis™
- Confidentially meet with the business owner(s), then interview company staff
- Look at the company's financial information and computer systems
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy GamePlan™
The Strategy Process™
- Confidentially discuss the key findings from The Discovery Analysis™
- Review The Strategy GamePlan™
- Discuss a preliminary timeline for The Strategy GamePlan™
- Agree on the proposed costs for The Strategy GamePlan™
- Initiate a preliminary discussion about Finders, Minders & Grinders ℠
The Strategy Implementation™
- Begin the implementation of the items agreed upon in The Strategy GamePlan™
- Identify and train staff/others that will assist with The Strategy Implementation™
- Meet with the owner(s) to discuss the progress made
- Continue discussions about Finders, Minders & Grinders ℠
The Results Solution™
- Report the results of The Strategy Implementation™
- Discuss any non-numerical benefits achieved (less stress, more free time, etc.)
- Plan the next step, either The Excel Experience™, or The Exit Strategy™
The Excel Experience™ (Excel – to do extremely well, surpass, outclass, outrival)
- Create an ongoing relationship with your company as a trusted long-term business advisor
- Assist your company with its goals to surpass, outclass and outrival key competitors
- Identify efficiencies and processes to increase profit and cash
- Help with financial and goal clarity
The Exit Strategy™
- Start The Exit Strategy™, using Finding the Exit®
- We recommend that you read our book, Avoiding The Danger Zone, Business Illusions, to gain more knowledge about exit strategies
What's the next step?
We invite you to call upon one of our professionals to deliver a complimentary Discovery Analysis™ of your company. The process is confidential and will not take much of your time.
Something about our professionals
B2B CFO® is unique. Unlike a full-time chief financial officer or part-time CFO (interim CFO, temporary CFO, fractional CFO, contract CFO, or other companies that provide CFO services), we create a long-term, professional relationship with a handshake on an affordable as-needed basis. Services are provided objectively by seasoned partners who average 25 years of experience.
We can help with the simple things, such as helping to improve cash flow, or the more complicated matters, such as a business exit. As you'll discover, with more than 6,000 years of collective experience and a multitude of national partnership resources, there isn't much we can't do for you.
The B2B CFO® GamePlan™